Tuesday, September 25, 2012

NC MODULE 4 Activity:

Analyzing Evidence and Descriptive Feedback:

1. How do you determine gaps in student learning?

To determine gaps in student learning, you analyze the evidence of learning.  You identify where students are in their learning and determine how your teaching methods can be differentiated in order to move forward. To determine gaps, I would look for a student who is farther behind in the activity than other students.  I would ask them questions to assess if they understand the task at hand.  I would make notes of the students who ask many questions regarding the activity.  If the student finishes the activity and it isn't what I asked them to do, I would differentiate my lesson so that the student understands the objective more clearly, and be able to reach the learning target.  

2. How do you address learning gaps during daily instruction?

To address learning gaps during daily instruction, you give descriptive feedback.  Descriptive feedback gives students an understanding of where they are in the learning target, what they need to work on, and what they need to do in order to move forward.

3. Why do you think its important to anticipate obstacles and misconceptions and to identify strategies to address them while planning your lesson?

It is important to anticipate obstacles and misconceptions and strategies to address them while planing because there are most likely going to be some students who don't understand the lesson, or struggle to succeed in the activities.  Planning for these obstacles is important because you can address these obstacles or misconceptions quickly and differentiate the lesson.  It is important to plan so that we can close the gap efficiently and effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment